Your new Aetna group will be notified by mail on how to register. eEnrollment (formerly Aetna Enroll) is Aetna’s online enrollment administration for Plan Sponsors.
Here are just a few of the many ways eEnrollments can be used to manage their company’s benefits:
- Allows them complete enrollment and termination online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Makes benefits administration and management easier
- Saves time and paperwork
- Helps them create custom reports
Aetna is making enhancements to eEnrollment to make online benefits administration even easier and more convenient for you and your clients. Some of the enhancements being made are:
- Multiple waiting periods will now be supported.
- Additional plan descriptions will now be available to help plan sponsors choose the correct plans (for example, divisions, hourly, salary, etc.)
There will be a new screen enhancement to remind plan sponsors that benefits elections require carrier approval (also known as the “90 day look-back message”). The “90 day look-back message” will apply to all new enrollment transactions (subscribers and dependents) that are submitted to Aetna up to 90 days after a new group’s effective date. The new enrollment will not be added to the Aetna system until Underwriting approves the transaction.